After a conversation with two of my best friends, Angel and Ginger, it sparked a new blog post idea. I tried to come up with the benefits of having your best friend being a writer, and I could only come up with a couple. So I decided to turn the tables and ask Angel and Ginger.
And here’s what they come up with:
- Getting secret insider story updates
- Having a writer BFF means having an ‘advice column’ at your disposal—even at 3 AM! Dating advice? Check. Style advice? Check. TV show advice? Check.
- Text messages are pure entertainment
- There will never be a boring moment waiting for your food at a restaurant, because your writer BFF can tell you a backstory for every passing stranger…including your waitress.
- Sometimes characters in your BFF’s book are named after you
- The moment when you’re at a get-together, and your BFF plops a computer in your lap and says “Story update!” and your heart swells because you feel so special and loved
- When you succeed at something, and your writer BFF can tell you how awesome you are in a million different ways.
- Birthday cards are epic
- Getting to help your writer BFF cast future movie spinoffs of her books
- When you’re sad, she has all the ‘write’ words to make you feel better…pun intended
- No great moment from your childhood will ever be forgotten, because your writer BFF kept a detailed journals of all of your adventures
- If you need a name for you pet/car/plant/etc., you BFF writer can give you 20+ names in under a minute
So to add a little about these….
- Most of the time a writer needs advice about how a story pans out and a lot of the time a writer has an agent and publisher on their side to help out. But for someone (like me), doesn’t have either. But I do have two very BFF’s who are always there for me.
- Ha! So, I’m not sure how much dating or style advice I’ve given them…I think I’ve asked them more, but I have given them lots and lots of new TV shows and movies for them to check out. Or even the latest book I read.
- Well, I think this one is pretty self-explanatory. There are times when I get hit with an idea (usually when I’m driving home from a long day or week at work), and I want their opinion about how good the idea is…or bad.
- The creativity of a writer is endless. We can, on the dime, come up with how someone got to where they are today.
- Because they both are such influential people in my life, I believe one of the best ways to show them how much I appreciate them is by adding them in little snippets.
- Again…ADVICE needed! Help! I’m stuck!!!
- Because you’ve helped me with my dream, I believe in celebrating your achievements as well. What kind of relationship would it be, if we only cared about thyself? A pretty crappy one.
- No one likes a boring birthday card…trust me.
- This just gives us an excuse to look at hot actors on Pinterest….
- I don’t like seeing my BFFs having a crappy day because some asshole doesn’t care…
- I like to use moments of our adventures together in my stories, even if they are small and settle.
- I always have a list of names for characters, their pets, cars, etc. etc.
Angel and Ginger: NONE!